One Economy will build on the activities of the summer 2007 Program and leverage our four-year investment in San Francisco to expand and institutionalize the San Francisco Mission Digital Connectors program as a vehicle for youth-led Beehive (www.beehivesf.org) and Zip Road (www.ziproad.org) marketing and training, technology instruction and support, youth media and civic journalism.
1. To promote technology via a youth-led Buzz marketing campaign:
- Computer training and Tech Support to local CBO’s
- Community events to promote Technology Services
- Youth-developed ‘guerrilla marketing’ strategies to promote Internet Safety
2. To use Digital Storytelling to document how technology has helped improve the lives of low-income San Franciscans
3. To provide technology education and leadership development experience to 10 young people, ages 14 – 17, living in the Mission District